Friday, August 20, 2010

Sweet Pumpkin

Good morning!  I'm here... FINALLY!!  Happy Friday to you!!  Today I'm sharing a card I made using a technique that I'd never tried before, but one I really enjoyed. I made this little purse album, and for the leather flap, I sponged half of the Top Note die that had been previously cut out in black card stock with Versamark, then sprinkled it with black embossing powder.  After it was coated good, I took a bone folder and made leather marks or patterns in the powder, then it was ready to heat emboss.  Here's the directions as found on Splitcoaststampers, using a little bit different shaped card, and making more of an alligator skin pattern in the embossing powder.  What a fabulous and fun technique!
I used the newly released Sweet Pumpkin stamp set from Sweet -n Sassy stamps.  I stamped them with Momento ink, and colored with my Copic markers.  These cute little Country Pumpkins are available in digital form, too.   I stamped the sweet pumpkin sentiment with white craft ink, then went over it a bit with a white gel pen to make it a little brighter.  The grass I cut by hand out of black card stock.  I love the way this project turned out, and  after adding a few pages inside, it's ready for my little grandson's first Halloween pictures (next year).  For once, I'm ahead of the game.  YAY!!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a wonderful day, and get in some happy stamping!

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great project. I really like the pumpkins and it does look like a purse. It's really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous purse. Love the colors and those cute pumpkins. Great coloring! :o)

    ReplyDelete