Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Serene Silhouettes and Josephs Coat

Morning everyone! Today I'm excited to share a card that I created a few weeks ago after trying a new technique. Well...it's not new, just new to me! This is called the Josephs Coat technique and I'm assuming it's name from Joseph's multi-colored coat that was given to him by his father Jacob in the Genesis story.

To get the best results for this technique, use a solid stamp and what could be better than the recently released Serene Silhouetttes set. I love this set and use it frequently....It's perfect for all kinds of card designs! The background designer paper is from Ruby Rock-it and the ribbon with the sentiment was created from white cardstock.

You'll need the following for this technique:
Rainbow ink pad
Black ink pad
Brayer
Clean cloth or paper towel
Embossing ink pad
Clear embossing powder
Solid stamps

1. Begin with th rainbow ink pad and a brayer. (I did my brayering on smooth, white cardstock but glossy works just as well or better)
2. Use the brayer to pick up ink from the rainbow pad and completely cover the cardstock.
3. Allow to dry completely.
4. Use embossing ink (I used a VersaMark pad) to stamp your solid images.
5. Emboss with clear embossing powder.
6. Then grab the brayer again (it's a good idea to have two brayers for this as the black ink will stain your brayer) and completely cover the entire piece of cardstock with black ink. Dye ink is the best option for this because you want it to dry quickly.
7. Now comes the fun part...Take a clean cloth and rub over the embossed areas, the ink will easily wipe away and you'll be left with your beautiful and colorful image!

Why not give this technique a try today! I had a great time playing around with my brayer and all the color options! Beware...getting inky fingers is a side effect!! :-) And while you're at it, check out the great silhouettes bundle that Sweet 'n Sassy is offering, great stuff!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment